Fun Facts About Coffee & Tea
Find out more about what you’re brewing in your Capresso machines every morning with these fun facts about coffee and tea!
1) A coffee plant can live up to 200 years. When sprouting, the top of the plant looks like a little seed, which grows into a bushy plant that can live for two centuries. – Via Huffington Post
2) Approximately 85% of tea consumed in America is iced. – Via TeaUsa.com
3) Any type of coffee roast can be used to make an espresso; the grind size and preparation are what makes it an espresso. – Capresso Espresso Facts
4) Espresso has 1/3 less caffeine than drip coffee. – Capresso Espresso Facts
5) There are two primary types of coffee cultivated for drinking: Arabica and Robusta. – Via Good Housekeeping
6) To extract the best taste from your tea start every time with fresh, cold filtered water. Never re-boil water that has been left in the kettle as the taste could be stale or flat. – Capresso Guide to Steeping Tea
7) In 2014, Americans consumed over 80 billion servings of tea, or more than 3.60 billion gallons. – Via TeaUsa.com
8) Used tealeaves are good for growing roses and ferns, and can be used to help lower the soil’s pH. For more on Tea in the Garden, view our blog post here.
To find out more about Capresso, visit www.Capresso.com.