Need a wake-me-up but not in the mood for a cup of Joe? Grab a fueling energy ball or two—and eat your caffeine!
• West Coast Blend coffee beans, as needed
• 1 tbsp + 2 tsp flax seeds
• ¼ cup hemp seeds
• ½ cup rolled oats
• ½ cup dry-roasted unsalted almonds
• ½ cup + 2 tbsp maple almond butter
• 1 tbsp chocolate extract
• 2 tbsp + 1 tsp 100% tart cherry juice
• 3 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
• 3 tbsp + 1 tsp cacao nibs, divided
1. Use an Infinity or Infinity PLUS conical burr grinder to finely grind coffee beans. Measure 2 tbsp of ground coffee and place in food processor.
2. Place flax seeds in a Cool Grind blade grinder and secure lid. Hold down the safety button, processing until finely ground, and place in food processor.
3. Add hemp seeds, oats, and almonds to food processor. Process for 20 seconds.
4. Reserve 2 tbsp of oat mixture in a small bowl. Mix in 2 tsp cacao nibs and set aside.
5. Remove blade from food processor, and add almond butter, chocolate extract, and cherry juice. Stir with a spoon until well combined.
6. Fold in chocolate and remaining cacao nibs.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. With clean hands, form mixture into small balls. Roll in reserved oat mixture to coat.
8. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil or plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Makes 28 balls