This ready-in-minutes milkshake takes coffee dessert drinks to a new level. This decadent dessert is sure to end your evening on a sweet note. Sip with a straw to savor.
• ⅔ oz finely ground coffee beans
• ½ cup low-fat milk
• 3 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream, chilled
• 3 cups vanilla bean ice cream
• Whipped cream to taste, optional
• Sprinkles to taste, optional
1. Freshly grind coffee beans using a conical burr grinder on a fine setting.
2. Fill portafilter with 1-2 scoops of ground coffee and tamp down firmly before placing portafilter onto machine. Brew 2 shots (2 oz) of espresso, then repeat for a total of 4 oz of brewed espresso.
3. Allow espresso to cool. To expedite cooling, place in refrigerator or freezer.
4. Add cooled espresso, Bailey’s, milk, and ice cream to a blender. Blend for 30 to 60 seconds, until well combined.
5. Pour milkshake into cooled glasses. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.
Makes 4 servings