For the Dough
12 Savoiardi Cookies crushed (commonly known as lady fingers)
2 tsp Sugar
1/3 Cup mascarpone (let soften 30 minutes prior to use)
1 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp Espresso
3 oz quality dark chocolate
3 oz milk chocolate cocoa for sprinkling
1. In a food processor add the Savoiardi cookies and sugar and pulse until crushed.
2. Add the mascarpone and cream, combine.
3. Brew espresso using the EC Select.
4.Then add the espresso a little at a time and combine. Dough should be thick.
5. Place dough in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for approximately 3 hours.
6. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll into golf ball sized bites. Freeze the dough balls for about 15-20 minutes.
7. While dough is in the freezer, melt the chocolate in a heat resistant bowl over boiling water. Stir until completely melted.
8. Remove the dough balls from the freezer. Place a stick or toothpick in each dough ball and dip in the melted chocolate. Place on parchment paper covered tray with toothpicks still attached. Dust with cocoa powder.