Tips & More
Capresso froth PRO Recipe Tips
- Always finely grate or shave the chocolate before adding it to the frothing pitcher. We recommend using a rotary grater, cheese grater or vegetable peeler. Do not add large chunks of chocolate to the frothing pitcher.
- If a loud noise occurs after you add ingredients while making a warm or hot beverage, press the illuminated button to turn the machine off, or lift the pitcher from base. Allow a few seconds for the ingredients to melt, and then press the Warm or Hot button again. The ingredients might have been stuck on or around the heating disk.
- Always follow the measurement marks inside the pitcher.
- Never froth more than 8 ounces of milk at one time or milk may overflow out of the pitcher. Remember that the volume of milk increases with frothing.
- Capresso froth PRO can froth any type of milk, including soy, almond, skim, 2% and more. Some milk product froth better than others. Fresh skim milk provides the largest amount of froth. Organic milk and non-dairy milks will not produce the same quality of froth as non-organic milk.
Capresso froth PRO: More than Just Beverages
- In any recipe that calls for milk, warm the milk in the frother first to help incorporate powdered ingredients and speed the cooking process.
- Use the frother to heat milk for any recipe that calls for “scalded milk.”
- Add frothed low-fat milk to mashed potatoes for creamy texture.
- Use the heating disk to warm milk and cream to add to egg yolks and sugar for homemade crème anglaise.
- “Marinate” flavoring ingredients like vanilla, cloves, citrus peels or spices in warm milk for 10-20 minutes to bring out an enhanced flavor in any recipe that calls for milk.
- Use the heating disk to warm milk for an old-fashioned hot milk cake.
- Using the frothing disk, froth milk or cream on the cold setting for recipes such as custard and meringue that call for “stiff” milk or cream.
Electric Water Kettles: More than Just Tea
- For a quick and healthy morning breakfast, boil water and add to instant oatmeal, or view our recipe for Homemade Brown Sugar & Almond Instant Oatmeal.
- Prepare a fun and refreshing treat by boiling water with your Capresso Electric Water Kettle and adding to a package of JELL-O Gelatin.
- Warm up on a cold day with a sweet glass of instant hot chocolate. Using your Capresso Electric Water Kettle, boil water and then pour into a glass filled with instant hot chocolate mix.
- Use your Capresso Electric Water Kettle to boil water for instant noodles. Add some greens by pouring hot water over frozen vegetables and adding to the noodles.
- Preparing cheesecake? Use your Capresso Electric Water Kettle to boil water for a hot water bath that will help your baked goods bake evenly.
Liquid Measurements Conversions
- 1/4 cup = 2 oz.
- 1/3 cup = 3 oz.
- 1/2 cup = 4 oz.
- 2/3 cup = 5 oz.
- 3/4 cup = 6 oz.
- 1 cup = 8 oz.